If you are going through a divorce or are involved in a tense child custody battle, you know how ugly and hurtful these types of cases can be for everyone involved, especially children. When it comes to legal matters that have a direct effect on your family, such as marriage dissolution, paternity, child custody and spousal support, it pays to have a lawyer on your side who has experience handling such cases effectively and efficiently. That way you can try to avoid a case that ends up being dragged out over months or even years, which is common with some family law matters. At 619 DIVORCE, our attorneys will treat you with the respect you deserve and handle your family law case as if it was their own. If you are in need of an experienced San Diego family law attorney to assist you with your divorce, child custody, spousal support or prenuptial agreement dispute, contact Steve Smith today at (619) 503-3050 for a free initial consultation.
Table of Contents San Diego Family Law Attorney
Affordable San Diego Family Law Attorney
Family law disputes in California can be stressful and emotionally and financially draining for all parties involved and our family law attorneys at 619 DIVORCE understand that no two family law cases are alike. Our legal team is made up of seasoned trial attorneys and skilled negotiators committed to making this process easier on you and your family. When dealing with important family law matters like divorce, child custody, property division or spousal support in San Diego, having an experienced attorney on your side with a proven track record can make all the difference in your case. Whether you’re in need of aggressive negotiation, third-party mediation or representation at trial, don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys for legal help.
Key Aspects of Family Law
Family law is a broad practice area that covers a wide range of complex legal issues involving domestic relationships and family matters, such as divorce, alimony and child custody. Steve Smtih has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Divorce – Also known as dissolution of marriage, divorce is the termination of a marriage or marital union
- Child custody– The legal and practical relationship between a parent and a child in the parent’s care, involving the duty to care for and support the child
- Alimony/spousal support– An individual’s legal obligation to provide financial support to a former spouse after divorce
- Child support – An ongoing, periodic payment made by a parent for the financial support of a child following the end of a marriage
- Uncontested Divorce - An uncontested divorce basically means that both spouses agree on all of their divorce-related issues.
- Domestic violence – The abuse of one partner against the other in a marriage or other intimate relationship
- Medical doctor divorce – Protecting the assets from your practice in the event of a divorce
- Prenuptial Agreement/postnuptial agreement– An agreement made by a couple before or after they marry regarding the ownership of their respective assets in the event of a divorce
- Restraining orders – A temporary order issued by the court prohibiting an individual from approaching or contacting a protected person
- Paternity– The legal relationship between a father and his biological or adopted child and the rights and obligations of both the father and the child to one another
- Relocation – A situation in which a parent that has joint or sole custody of a child moves to a location that is far away, thereby disrupting the current custodial arrangement
- High net worth divorce – Divorce cases in which a large amount of money, businesses, assets, property and other items are at stake
- Complex property division – The division of community property, or property acquired by the couple during their marriage, such as high assets, professional licenses, business ownership and other complex financial matters
- Divorce for business owners– Protecting your business from the 50-50 split California community property laws call for in regards to all property acquired in marriage
Protecting Your Rights in California Family Law Cases
When you are going through a divorce or are involved in any other family law matter, it is imperative that you take steps to ensure your individual rights are protected and that any agreement, settlement or court decision is in your best interest or in the best interests of your children. That means hiring an attorney with experience in family law, one who prepares every case as if it is going to trial, even if it may eventually be settled through mutual agreement in negotiations or during third-party mediation. You are not required to secure legal representation to file your case in California family court, but a lawyer is always recommended as a means of protecting your rights and improving your chances of reaching a favorable conclusion to your case. There are strict laws in place in California that regulate divorce, child support and other family matters, and a skilled San Diego attorney can help you navigate these laws successfully. Our attorneys at 619 DIVORCE see the value in being proactive, gathering information and evidence relevant to their cases, and pushing for the outcomes their clients need, which makes us a highly sought-after law firm and one with a reputation for getting results.
How an Experienced Family Law Attorney Can Help
Family law cases are inherently stressful and emotional, and it is normal to feel scared and uncertain about the outcome of your case, especially if it goes to trial. With a skilled family law attorney on your side, you can ease some of your stress, resolve your legal issues in a timely manner and move on with your life. Our experienced attorneys are knowledgeable in all areas of family law and will represent your rights and interests with competence and compassion no matter what type of case it is. We often encourage our clients to attempt to resolve family law issues outside of court, as negotiation and settlement are almost always preferable to going to trial. However, our legal team wants what’s best for you and will be by your side every step of the way. If you do end up in court, you can feel confident that our family law attorneys will represent your case to the full extent of the law.
Free Family Law Consultation in San Diego
Legal matters that fall under the umbrella of family law tend to be contentious and therefore require a great deal of experience, compassion, communication and attention to detail. Far too often, family law cases that could have been settled amicably end up bitter court battles because the parties involved attempted to handle the matter on their own without reputable legal help, or they hired an attorney with no experience in family law. We understand how difficult and frustrating the legal process can be, especially when dealing with sensitive family law issues, and our attorneys are committed to helping you achieve a favorable outcome, whether it is through private negotiation, third-party mediation or at trial. For more information about family law cases, the divorce process and spousal or child support in California, or to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable family law attorney at (619) 503-3050.