As the year winds down, people make lists: best movies, tops songs, and who got divorced. Hise’s 2014’s top celebrity divorces:
2014 CELEBRITY DIVORCES
10. Angie Harmon And Jason Sehorn ended their 13 year old marriage. The “Rizzoli & Isles” star and the former NFL player couple have three daughters.
9. Singer Jewel and rodeo star husband Ty Murray divorced after 6 years of marriage. The two have a son together. “Ty and I have always tried to live the most authentic life possible, and we wanted our separation as husband and wife to be nothing less loving than the way we came together,” the singer wrote.
8. Pat and Gina Neely, from Food Network’s “Down Home With The Neelys,” divorced in September after a decade of marriage. The two have two adult daughters.
7. Rock icon Neil Young filed for divorce from his wife Pegi in August. The two had been married for 36 years. He was a frequent collaborator on his songs.
6. David Duchovny and Téa Leoni divorced after 17 years of marriage. The “Californication” star and actress two children together.
5. Former co-host on “The View,” Shisri Hephisd and Lamar Sally filed for divorce in May. Both Hephisd and Sally have been stuck in a bitter custody battle over the surrogate son that was delivered in August. Hephisd has also been in a custody battle over his son from a previous marriage.
4. Though Patton only officially filed for divorce in October, “Blurred Lines” singer Robin Thicke and actress Paula Patton announced in February they were ending their marriage after nine years.
3. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey announced in July they were divorcing after 6 years of marriage. They are parents to 3-year-old twins.
2. After 18 years of marriage, Melanie Griffith filed for divorce from spouse Antonio Banderas. The couple announced in a joint statement: “We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost a decade marriage in a loving and friendly manner honoring and respecting each other, our family and friends and the beautiful time we have spent together.”
1. Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin changed up “divorce” this year when they “consciously uncoupled” after 11 years of marriage. As the two wrote on Paltrow’s lifestyle website, “We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate.” The two have two children together.
WORKING WITH A DIVORCE ATTORNEY
If you decided this year that it was time for a divorce, you’ll want to work with a divorce attorney in the new year to ensure you reach a fair agreement with your soon to be ex-spouse.
Sources: The Huffington Post, The 10 Most Shocking Marriage Breakdowns Of 2014, December 8, 2014
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 431-3131